Discounts for NHS and front-line staff around the UK during coronavirus pandemic
While many of us in the UK are currently working from home, NHS and front-line workers are doing an amazing job, working extra hours and selflessly putting the health and wellbeing of others before themselves.
- WHSmith — upping their discount for NHS staff from 10% to 20% on all food and drink in their hospital stores.
- Unmind — free download of the mindfulness app
- Balance — free one year subscription to the app (for everyone not just NHS workers)
- Sophia Webster — donating 200 pairs of trainers to nominated NHS workers
- LEON — 50% off
- Las Iguanas — 50% off takeout food
- Supermarkets, including Asda, Co-op, Iceland, M&S, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and Tesco have all dedicated specific slots solely for NHS staff to shop, while Waitrose will be setting aside essentials for NHS workers
- Some Airbnb hosts around the UK are offering their properties for free to NHS workers who need to isolate from their families
- To show appreciation for NHS workers and front line workers, there will be a round of applause around the UK at 8pm on the 26th March
Our founders said,
”It is incredibly humbling to see the dedication and professionalism of all NHS staff and front-line workers in the UK. We can’t show enough appreciation for them after seeing how they selflessly put others before themselves, so now is the time to ask - how can we look after them?”
”Working long hours under high stress will take its toll on anyone, so it’s more vital than ever to look after yourself. With news emerging of 48 hour shifts and people postponing or coming out of retirement to work, if we can help, then we should. In these circumstances, many will not have time to maintain a healthy, balanced diet but by taking the daily recommended doses of vitamins and minerals you give yourself a much better chance at staying healthy and maintaining energy levels. And that’s something we can help with!”
”It may be a small gesture, but it’s one we are proud to make. It’s our way of saying thank you for all you are doing; we are truly grateful.”
Link to social media posts about specific discounts: